|ALL ORDERS PLACED AFTER MARCH 24, 2023 WILL BE MAILED APRIL 3, 2023|
The Association for the Promotion of the Study of Latin (APSL) is the nation's oldest private organization dedicated to the promotion and study of the Latin language. It was founded in 1929 by the late Dr. Albert E. Warsley and over time has offered the following services to Latin teachers.
- Charter membership in the National Latin Honor Society
- Auxilium Latinum, the first magazine written in the Latin Language and published in the United States
- An annual standardized Latin examination taken by thousands of high school and university students internationally
- Unique Latin publications including: 501 Tidbits of Roman Antiquity, written by Dr. A. E. Warsley
- Roman playlets in Latin
- Comic strips and crossword puzzles in Latin
The programs of the NLHS enable teachers to reward students for exemplary performance in their study of Latin.
The only information required for reception of a reward is a teacher's statement that a student has achieved a consistent grade of 90% for three consecutive quarters (or equivalent) in any level of Latin studies.
As the popularity continues in the 21st century, the NLHS offers School Charter certificates, Latin Honor certificates, lapel pins, honor cords, playlets, and 501 Tidbits to the dedicated instructors and students studying the Latin language and ancient Roman customs.
Join us in celebrating the Latin Language!
Elizabeth Bradford, Director
To be added to our mailing list OR if you have any questions, please submit the following: